Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Something Different

First off I just want to say that I kick ass at dodgeball and today was way better than yesterday. Moving on, I'm posting something different today. It's a tiny tiny tiny piece from a story I've been writing since 8th grade. This piece was written very recently...and I'm actually feeling lazy and don't want to explain so I'm just going to lay it on ya...and if you have plot questions...then ask away.

Cole then went to Jordan’s side again.
“Baby, are you ready for your pain meds now?” she asked him. Jordan nodded weakly. “Ok, I’ll go get the doctor.” She said than gave him a kiss on the forehead before leaving the room. She came back with the doctor who gave Jordan a shot of morphine in his IV. Before it had a chance to take affect, Jordan pulled off his oxygen mask long enough to say,
“I love you Cole.”
“I love you too Jordan,” Cole said tears running down her cheeks. Then they kissed, it felt like such a private intimate moment that wasn’t meant to be seen by anyone else but yet they had an audience. They didn’t seem to notice though; they were so focused on each other that at that moment I don’t think that anyone or anything else mattered. Before putting his oxygen back on, Jordan leaned over and gave Cole’s growing pregnant belly a kiss too. Cole kissed his hand in response. He put the mask back on and collapsed against the pillows. I don’t think there was one person in that room who didn’t have tears streaming from their eyes. That was something I’d always remember. Even Gabby let a few tears go which I saw as a good sign. Cole held Jordan’s hand until the medication knocked him out and his breathing became less strained.


I'm actually working on a stand alone short story for the purpose of being put online...that is more or less based on factual events that I've sort of had experience with...so look for that in the future.

No comments: