Friday, August 01, 2008

Just Turn Up the Soundtrack and We'll Keep Singing...OUT LOUD!

Josh got to my house yesterday just before 8 and were on our way by 8. Tom Tom got us lost in Nobelsville haha, it took us to place that looked like 4H Fairgrounds behind an Aldis(sp?) So we got directions from the guy who worked at the Goodyear place haha. We were early so it didn't really matter. Parked, we sprung for Premire parking $25 to park a car...wtf? But we avoid long lines both coming in and leaving. So I guess it was kind of worth it.

Went through security, only made us get rid of our bottle caps off one of our waterbottles...ah we had extras with us anyways. Then we were off to find the Will Call booth. Turns out the venue didn't have the tickets so were sent over to a tent where the Warped staff was giving em' out. Truth had me on their guest list which got us our tickets and we were good to go.

Then we went in and found out where everything was at and headed to the master schedule. We picked the bands we wanted to see and then just saw whoever we could in between.

Started the day off just randomly walking into 3Oh!3 at one of the Hurley stages. It was entertaing haha, I downloaded some of their stuff last night when I got home and this morning I listened to it. I can't see myself putting this record on repeat 24/7. But they were definately good live and kept the crowd moving.

Aslena was on next on the Smartpunk stage right next to the Hurley stage in the ampitheater. So we watched their set. Pretty good, I've heard some of their stuff before.

Then this Ska from Japan came on...I can't remember their name ahh. Oh well, Josh went down and definately moshed to them for a few songs before we took off so we wouldn't miss Family Force 5.

I was glad we went and saw Family Force 5. They put on a great live show and we wer moving again the whole time. I was near the front but off to the side so it wasn't so crowded. Josh caught one of their beach ball thingies haha. He wanted to get it signed but he couldn't find their tent. I told him later that I was standing right there and looking for him....but whatever.

Next we headed back to the Ampitheater to see Four Year Strong. While we were wating Katy Perry was playing...eh. I kissed a girl and I liked it....good for you. Four Year Strong played amazingly, the keyboard stand broke haha and they duct taped it back together.

We headed out for our first mainstage show of the day....Say Anything. Ohhhh Bemis. We got their a half hour early so we were about half way up. Luckily Josh and some other big dudes who were around me saved me from crowd surfers falling on my head haha. Security was getting pissed though. Some guy tried to get me to crowd surf during Say Anything but I didn't haha...Josh was like yeahhhh and did though. His first time of the day.

After Say Anything's set I pushed my way to the front as far as I could for Angels & Airwaves while Josh went off to find more water. I stood for a half hour elbow to elbow with some very sweaty people. A few who decided to smoke some pot while waiting. Some guys started singing Fuck a Dog, and Family Reunion while we waited so we all started singing along haha. By the time AVA came on I was about three people away from the barrier and smooshed up into the girl infront of me and the guy who was behind me was up against my back. But it was worth it. We all went nuts when AVA came out. They even played My First Punk song too. Oh and I dropped my camera when we were helping a crowd surfer over....luckily I grabbed it really quick before it got trampled. I got many pictures of Tom Delonge haha. Some girl passed out, we found a guys wallet, and now I've completed part of a middle school dream of seeing Tom Delonge live in person. I still can't believe it....it's so surreal.

Then we headed over to see Anberlin. We stuck towards the back and sat down for their last few songs. I was hot by this time and feeling kinda yuck. So we headed back to the ampitheater for awhile. I don't even know who was playing when we got in there I just wanted to drink my water and eat some crackers. But after that band got offstage, Ludo came on. I was happy I got to see them, I didn't know if we were going to but we definatley did. Yay for Ludo! After sitting through a couple of songs of the band after then we headed back out into the sun. We sat in the shade while Against Me! was on.

Then we got up to see Relient K. They played great, and I loved the song about The Office. They played Be My Escape, Sadie Hawkins, Who I Am Hates Who I've Been and some others. It started randomly sprinkling during their set, although it was still pretty sunny...weird. There were a lot of kids who were probably a few years younger than me with their parents. To me...that would suck because my parents wouldn't have let me get close at all. I told my parents how close I got for AVA and they flipped, you could've gotten trampled...blah blah blah.

At 7:40 we headed over to see Motion City Soundtrack....oh yes. They played This is For Real, Your Favorite Accident, oh man my brain is failing me right now. But we definatley sang the birthday song to Josh(in the band).

After Motion City Soundtrack we rushed over to see Story of the Year, we caught most of their set except for the first couple of songs. I was glad that they played stuff off of Page Avenue because I really haven't been able to get into any of their newer stuff.

Then we headed out to the parking lot and Josh drank cooler water he was so thirsty haha. We definately rocked out to music the whole way home. Mostly classic rock, Queen, Aerosmith, AC/DC ect. I dunno why I was just in that kind of mood I guess. We stopped in Gas City for gas. Yeah it's ironic I know ha. Then we got to my house just before 11.

Josh is going to get Herpes from drinking out of random people's abandoned water bottles. We are both sunburnt. 2nd time this year we've gotten sunburnt together. My shoulder is kinda tweaked and sore right now, I'm hungry because the only things I ate yesterday were an english muffin, a package of cheese crackers, and a rice krispie treat. But overall we had an amazing time and agreed that we should definately do it again. Josh is getting the pictures developed and will put em' up on Facebook when he gets a chance...when he does, well....I'll steal em' out of his album and post em' or a link to em' on photobucket or something. I think this trip was even better than the Cedar Point trip. Seriously amazing!

No comments: