Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Windows, oh why must you complicate me?

So I'm not to sure if I like Windows Media Player 11. I finally updated it uh...yesterday I think. There are some pros and cons to it. And I'm bored so I'll list them and maybe you can make an informative decision about wether or not to upgrade. Eh. I'm bored and putting of History & Drama stuff even though I don't have school till Monday.

Pros
-My lastfm plug-in still works so data is still being sent....that's a major plus
-I like how the library is set up on the library tab, it shows like an actual picture of the album
-I like buttons on it, like the play, skip, stop...ect...buttons
-I like that there's a back button when I'm going through my library
-I like the search feature, for example I can put in the word Green and it'll come up with all the songs/artists that have the word Green in them
-I like how that under each tab (the ones that say Now Playing, Burn, Sync, Library) that there's an arrow with a drop down menu)
-I like that you can still customize the color of your player...mine's a nice dark blue right now haha.

Cons
-It doesn't display the title & Artist of the song at the top anymore, you have to either look at the side menu if you have that turned on or at the bottom which is annoying.
-There's no option for selecting all my music at once to put on it shuffle...sure I could do that manually but I'm lazy danget!
-Everytime I close out of it, it doesn't save my now playing list and I have to recreate it...that's uber annoying
-I don't like how the side panel that displays your playlist is white....it doesn't match at all.
-I don't like how when I'm browsing through the artists in my library how it doesn't display the names on the left side column anymore, that causes me to have to scroll forever to find the artist I'm looking for, they could atleast put a, b, c, d,...ect to help navigation out.
-I don't like how it doesn't display the length of each song on the now playing panel like Windows Media 10 did.

No comments: