Tuesday, February 06, 2007

No School Tuesdays!?!

I could definately get used to this, have 2 days off for the weekend, go to school on Monday and then have another day off. Haha.

But Yeah I really just want to complain about middle school kids...and their lack of musical knowledge. I hate that most of them either listen to what's on the radio/mtv...or they raid their parents cd collections and start listening to 80's hair metal. Which by the way there's nothing wrong with either, it just bugs me that they haven't even made an attempt to go searching for music outside of their little world they're living in. I don't know about them but when I was in 7th and 8th grade I was hittin' up mp3.com..yes..back when there was an mp3.com...I got a lot of good stuff there back in the day. And then when purevolume started I was all over that scoping out new bands. Plus my freakin' Launchcast station was amazing. I bought a lot of cds because of that thing.

I feel like going up to the middle school kids I know and just handing them mixed cds...and be like here listen to this...or something. But I know they won't listen to them, so I won't waste the time or the effort.

Another reason I feel like I should get back into podcasting....just to introduce new music to people...I'm constantly adding on to my music library, old music and new music. Which is awesome. I don't know we'll see, maybe it'll be my summer project, depending on the job I get...I definately have to get a job. Yep. Oh and if I can find some decent podcasting software. That'd be key too. Propaganda is good...but I'd need the full version ya know? The little ads are annoying as hell. Butt...I want to get vista on here before I start messing around with podcasting software..I just have to move everything to my D drive...so I can get that rollin'.

Ah well I just wanted to complain a bit.

No comments: