Friday, October 10, 2008

Fridays are Always Interesting

So I was in T-Com this morning and we literally spent half the class talking about the economy. Dr. Mike was concerned about how we felt about it and how were dealing with the whole situation. He brought up the idea of feeling "fresh post 9/11 confusion/fear". Which was an interesting way to put it, or atleast I thought so. A girl asked what we could do, and he simply said; "Pray, Vote in November, Go outside enjoy the weather, and do other things to occupy your mind/time." He's right though it is scary and there's nothing much that I as a freshmen in college can do but ride it out and hope for the best. That an avoid my now daily CNN.com views multiple times a day haha, seriously seeing those Wall Street people looking like they're going to be ill... is not comforting.

Anyways, the boy went home for the weekend so I'm going to study. Uh...yay? Well I attempted to do so and was for a good hour, and was in the 6th floor lounge when the fire alarm went off. So our whole building had to evacuate to the parking lot. Then when they finally let us in, I went to the 6th floor to retrive my stuff and I was just coming onto the 7th floor when the alarm went off again. Joy. But it stopped before we made it out of the building again so we didn't fully evacuate and just went back to our rooms. Now I'm just hanging out probably going to continue to work on my website before we go eat.

Oh the excitement of college.

No comments: