Monday, April 07, 2008

Fort Wayne, Get Shot City.

So school is in prison mode once again. Swarms of cops constantly around inside and out. Supposedly it has something to do with the 9 people who've been shot and killed in town just in the past week. A few of which have been fairly close to our school. They think that some of these shootings are related...gang related to be specific. So we had to put all our bags no matter what they were for in lockers and there was constantly an administrator lurking. Plus no outside P.E. classes. Our teacher's excuse was that it was too muddy. Yeah right, it hasn't rained in a few days.

Apparently there was another threat on the school for a driveby heh. We had one of those last year as well. It'll blow over. I just find it amusing that when they talk about about these shootings on the news, they always find the people who've moved here from Chicago or Detroit and there like well I never thought Fort Wayne would be this way, I left Chicago or wherever to get away from this and now we're going through it all again. Ok but how do the native Fort Wayne citizens feel about all of this? Sure it's not cool....I'm not condoning shootings but they can happen anywhere and everywhere. It's a fact of life these days, it shouldn't be but sadly it is.

So I guess I'll have to watch the news tonight so see if anyone else has taken a bullet. Heh. One of the last victims was shot 19 times. Not even kidding. I hate school when it's like a prison, I hope this all blows over soon. Aside from all the high security school was pretty good....it felt like Spring all day today and that makes me really anxious to get out of there haha. Ah well....be safe everybody!

No comments: